Tuesday, June 10, 2014

BISLEY 2015 ANYONE?

From: Jim Thompson
Date: June 9, 2014 at 10:57:57 PM ADT
Subject: Bisley 2015
I'm writing to you as Provincial Presidents/Secretaries about the 2015 Canadian Rifle Team to Bisley. The DCRA has provided me with this list of e-mail addresses.

You may have read my notes in the latest issue of the Canadian Marksman.  As I pointed out, it may be that we shall be short of some of our regular Bisley shooters because of the World Championships and Palma Match being held in the USA, which are scheduled to take place in between the Bisley and DCRA Meetings. I am fully appreciative of, and sympathetic to, the possibility that some shooters may be unable to take in Bisley as well as the other two events.

We shall initially proceed in accordance with the published procedures for Team selection (both for TR and F class members), but it may be more important than usual that we look further afield in order to fill places on the Team.

To this end, I ask that PRAs let me know of potential new, particularly younger, team members, who are active and successful in their Province but not yet necessarily well known in Ottawa. I also ask PRAs to make it be known to their members that individual applications to join the Team are invited. All such nominations/applications should be received at the DCRA Office not later than 30 September 2014.  All these will be considered once the invitations based on the TR and F Class aggregates have been responded to and assessed in order.

I am interested in nominations/applications relating to both potential shooters and coaches.

I thank you very much for your help and I look forward to taking a strong, collegial and successful team to Bisley in 2015.

Jim Thompson
Team Commandant

No comments:

Post a Comment