Saturday: Sunny with a few cloudy periods in the morning. Small chance of showers or thundershowers late in the afternoon to evening.
Hot and humid with morning temperatures near 25C at mid morning rising to low 30-32 in the afternoon. Winds westerly 10 to 15 kms.
Sunday: Sunny with temperatures rising 25C by 10 am and to 32C in the afternoon. Winds west 5-8 kms diminishing to light.
With high humidity and temperatures both days there will be humidex readings in the mid 30s.
If the reading is in the mid to high 30s, then certain types of outdoor exercise should be toned down or modified, depending on the age and health of the individual, physical shape, the type of clothes worn and other weather conditions.
If working outdoors is an absolute necessity, drink plenty of liquids and take frequent rest breaks. In hot, humid conditions, there is a considerable risk of heat stroke and sun stroke.
DIRECTIONS: Enter Base Main Gate at Lawrence and Broad Road (Route 660); then second right; continue to Range Control Gate; register with Range Control, (you'll need Driver's License and Registration) and get directions to Batouche Range. Note that Griffin's Pub and Eatery is on the left as you enter the base.
Google Map Link: Map to Batouche Range
MATCH FEE: $100 (Junior members $50). Individual matches may be entered on a space-available basis, see printed program for fees; One day $50.
MATCH DIRECTOR: Bert deVink email@example.com
MATCH COMMITTEE: Bert deVink (NB) , Al Mutch (NS), Dale MacLeod (PEI)
ELECTRONIC TARGET MARKING: Please note that this year, for the first time, the RNBRA is using electronic target marking. This will mean some adjustments in the normal functioning at the firing point.
1. The electronic system will only register bullets arriving at the target above the speed of sound. In order for your bullets to register at 900m, you either need to load the old (#2155) Sierra 155s to about 3000fps, or use one of the higher-performance 155s (Berger 155.5, Lapua 155, new Sierra 155 #2156, etc). For .223, either a 90 grain bullet is needed, or an 80 grain bullet loaded to near 3000fps.
2. The system uses display panels at the firing line. Some/a few will be provided but shooters should bring their own iPad, smartphone, e-reader (Sony-PRS-T2 e-readers are available at Staples for about $100). Help will be available to get your devices set up, if you arrive at least one hour early.
3. Squadding will be three shooters per target. Squadding/target assignment will be done randomly and announced at the beginning of each day of shooting.
4. Only two relays will be fired at each distance.
Saturday JULY 6, 2013
Range gate opened - 07:30
Registration : 08:00-08:30 @RNBRA Trailer
Range Safety Briefing, Electronic Target introduction, training and setup
0830-0900 at 300m firing point
Match 1: John Gibson Memorial, 2ss10@300M
09:00, 2 relays. 7 minutes prep time plus 45 minutes for three shooters.
Match 2a: T. Eric Snow (Pr.of Wales 1st Stage), 2ss7 @ 300M
10:40, 2 relays. 7 minutes prep time plus 24 minutes for three shooters.
LUNCH BREAK: 11:40, one hour
Match 2b: G. Burge (Pr.of Wales 2nd Stage), 2ss10 @ 500M12:40, 2 relays. 7 minutes prep time plus 32 minutes for three shooters.
14:00, 2 relays. 7 minutes prep time plus 32 minutes for three shooters.
Match 3b: Alban Emery 2nd Stage, 2ss10 @ 600M
FALLBACK from 500M Range -> 600M Range - approx. 15:15
15:40, 2 relays. 7 minutes prep time plus 32 minutes for three shooters.
Close down range for Saturday - approx 17:00
Informal Supper and Get-together17:45 Griffin's Pub and Eatery, Canex Mall, entrance to CFB Gagetown
Sunday JULY 7, 2013
Range gate opened - 07:30
Registration for Sunday-only shooters, if any: 07:35-08:00 @RNBRA Trailer
Sunday Briefing and Squadding: 0810 at 600m firing point
Match 4a: Al Lockett (Gov-Gen 1st Stage), 2ss10 @ 600M
08:30, 2 relays. 7 minutes prep time plus 32 minutes for three shooters.
FALLBACK from 600M Range -> 800M Range - approx. 09:40
10:10, 2 relays. 7 minutes prep time plus 32 minutes for three shooters.
Match 4b: Andy Gunther (Gov-Gen 2nd Stage), 2ss10 @ 800M
11:25, 2 relays. 7 minutes prep time plus 32 minutes for three shooters.
LUNCH BREAK, and fallback from 800M Range -> 900M Range
12:45, one hourMatch 4c: Governor-General (Final Stage), 2ss10 @ 900M
14:10, 2 relays. 7 minutes prep time plus 32 minutes for three shooters.
Finalize Stats and Range Teardown
15:25 All shooters please assist with range teardown
Stats Posted; challenge period
16:25 Approx 15 minute time for examination of stats
Awards Presentation On Range
16:45 @ RNBRA Trailer
ALL DCRA SAFETY PROTOCOLS WILL BE OBSERVED
1. Registration is on Saturday, July 6th at 8:00am sharp
2. The first match of Saturday begins at 9:00am and on Sunday at 8:30. Please be on time
for each subsequent relay after that.
3. TIME SCHEDULING IS VERY TIGHT AND YOUR ASSISTANCE WITH
THIS IS NEEDED - PLEASE BE READY TO SHOOT WHEN YOUR RELAY IS
4. Except when shooting, rifles will have a chamber flag inserted into the breach or
will have the bolt removed.
5. Prior to removing a rifle from the shooting mound it must be cleared by your
shooting partner and then by the Range Officer.
6. Prizes will be awarded if there are at least three entries in a class (TR, F/TR, MTR, F/Open)
7. Shoot-offs will be used to break ties in the overall aggregate for the Prince of Wales
and the Governor General's matches only.
8. Competitors are advised to bring snacks and lunches as well as water for each day
as lunch breaks will not be long enough to leave the range.
9. Cash prizes are awarded as per the program.
10. You will need a maximum of 105 rounds to shoot the APM - not including shoot-offs.
11. At the first match of each day only, practice shots are allowed until on paper.
After that 2 sighters and then shots on score.
12. F-Class will shoot on the TR target and "V=6" scoring will be used. Shooters are
to record V,5,4,etc on their scorecards - this will be converted to 0-6 with no
V-bulls by the Match Statistician
PLEASE SEE PROGRAM FOR FURTHER DETAILS